- Mon-Sat 09am-05pm
- Sunday Closed
For some practitioners who have just started to contact […]
For some practitioners who have just started to contact the connector industry, they may not be able to distinguish between the concept of "connector", "connector" and "terminal" in the early stage, the scope of belonging, and the difference in practical application. The following is a Shenzhen connector manufacturer Xinpengbo Electronic Technology with more than ten years of production experience to explain the differences between these three:
1. Differentiate the difference between "connector", "connector" and "terminal" from the concept
1. Connectors are a large category. They are called connectors, plugs and sockets in China. They are a kind of components often contacted by electrical engineering technicians. Most of them refer to electrical connectors, which are used to connect two electronic products with components. To transmit current or signals.
2. The connector is a positioning connector for connecting electronic circuits. It is composed of two parts. Both the connector and the connector can be completely separated in the normal state, so the connector can also be called a connector.
3. The terminal is an accessory product used to achieve electrical connection. It is used to facilitate the connection of wires. It is actually a piece of metal sheet enclosed in an insulating plastic. There are holes at both ends to insert the wire. The terminal can be divided into plug-in terminal, European terminal.
2. Distinguish the difference between "connector", "connector" and "terminal" from the scope of belonging
1. "Connector = connector" is the first category, and the terminal is just one type of product in the "connector" category. A connector is a connection between wires; a connector is a connection between wires and boards. In our actual life people often vaguely refer to the same type of product.
2. In the electrician or electrical field: connectors and connectors are the same type of product. Popularly understood is the kind of electronic components that can be quickly connected by inserting or twisting one end of the male connector and the other end of the female connector without tools. Terminals are commonly understood as electronic products that require the use of certain tools, such as screwdrivers and cold pliers, to connect the two connection points together, and are generally used for power input and output.
3. Terminal is a part of the connector. Connector is a general term. In fact, the connector we commonly see usually includes two parts: housing and terminal. The plastic shell is generally plastic, which plays a protective role; the terminals are generally metal, which plays the role of conduction at both ends of the product.
3. Differentiate the "connector", "connector" and "terminal block" from practical applications
1. Electrical connector is short for connector, also called connector. It is a subdivision field of electronic components, mainly used in the connection between circuits. In the current electronics industry production, the connection of the line of the connector can be said to be ubiquitous, so the range of use of the connector is very wide, and it can be indirectly applied in various industries.
2. There are many types of connectors, such as rectangular connectors, circular connectors, stepped connectors and so on. A terminal block is a type of connector, which generally belongs to a rectangular connector. The range of use of a terminal block is also relatively single. It is generally used in the field of electronics and electronics, for internal and external wiring of PCB circuit boards, printed boards and power distribution cabinets .
3. The range of use of terminal blocks is increasing, and the types are increasing. In addition to PCB board terminals, the most widely used are hardware terminals, nut terminals, spring terminals, etc. In the power industry, there are special terminal blocks, terminal boxes, all of which are terminals, single-layer, double-layer, current, voltage, and so on.
In general, the electronic components of "connectors", "connectors" and "terminals" are different application manifestations that belong to the same concept. They are based on different application industries, application products, and application locations. Popularly called various names. The current connector market is the survival of the fittest, and the pursuit of cost-effectiveness has led to the continuous improvement of high-quality connector technology and the elimination of some connectors.